Excite your senses and spark your imagination at this year's Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances of Volta. All shows will take place Under the Big Top in the parking lots near AT&T Park. The show runs from November 16, 2018 to January 6, 2019.
Volta is a colorful show that takes you on a magical and challenging journey of self-discovery. It's about self acceptance, transformation, and living your life to your full potential.
It follows the story of a gameshow contestant named Waz. He hopes that being on a gameshow will offer him the chance for fame, fortune, and love.
What he realizes is that the external world does not define him and he needs to reconnect with who he truly is to find peace, love and the strength to fulfill his life long dreams.
This show is family-friendly.
All Cirque du Soleil San Francisco shows feature gorgeous costumes and talented acrobats. Both combine for an experience you will never forget!
For some of the links on this page, I receive a small commission when you purchase. You don't pay more when you buy through me and it gives me the chance to offer you all this great content for free!
Performances run Tuesday - Sunday. In November, you can catch one performance every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night at 8pm. There are two performances on Friday and Saturday at 4:30pm and 8:00pm. On Sunday, the two performances are at 1:30pm and 5:00pm.
The schedule is almost the same in December. There are no performances on Tuesday, December 18.
The show times change slightly on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve too. Both of these Monday shows will have a performance at 1:30pm.
The schedule for January is similar. The only difference is that there is just the evening performance on Friday, January 4. The final performance is on January 6, 2019.
Find tickets for all performances below.
All performances are in a large tent in the parking lots on the southern side of AT&T Park. Here is a map showing the location of the event.
The big top holds more than 2,600 people per performance. This makes parking a nightmare. I recommend taking public transit to get to and from the performances.
From Union Square
The best way to get here from Union Square is to take either the 30 or the 45 bus south to 3rd and Brannan Streets. This drops you about two city blocks from the tent. Walk south on 3rd Street, over the bridge and you will see the tent as you are crossing.
From Fisherman's Wharf
The easiest way to get to the Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances from Fisherman's Wharf is the E Street Car. This picks up at Jones and Beach and will drop you off in front of AT&T Park. You can then walk over the bridge to the show. It's about a 3 to 4 block walk once you get off the street car.
If you do decide to drive, be prepared to pay $30 to $40 for parking. The meters here are expensive and only last for about two hours. This won't give you the time to see the performance and return without getting a ticket (yes - they LOVE to ticket during these times).
You can either park in one of the lots right next to the tent. These might run more than the prices mentioned above. You can also find parking garages and lots on Townsend and Brannan Streets.
Taking a taxi is another great way to get here. From Union Square, it will cost you around $10 to $15 + tip. From Fisherman's Wharf, it will cost around $15 to $20 + tip.
If you plan to grab a hotel room the night of the performance, I recommend that you stay either downtown or in Union Square. Both offer a wide selection of hotel rooms that are conveniently located to public transportation which will easily get you to the Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances.
Tip to Save: Another great place to look is on TripAdvisor.com. This is where you will find some great discounts on room rates, hotel parking, and more. Click here to check their special offers section and find the best hotel deal for your stay.
This area in the SOMA district has several great restaurants. I recommend enjoying a nice dinner in this neighborhood either before or after the show. Here are just a few recommendations.
1. How long does the performance last? The estimated show length is just over 2 hours.
2. When can we arrive and grab out seats? The entrance gates open 45-minutes before the show. The tent doors open 30-minutes prior to the opening act.
3. Can I enter after the show starts? Cirque du Soleil San Francisco has a strict policy of only allowing later comers to head to their seats during a reasonable break in the action. Late comers in wheel chairs will only be permitted to enter during intermission.
4. Do you have food and beverages on site for purchase? Yes, you can purchase popcorn, candy and a few other snacks at the food stand. They also serve beer, wine and soft drinks.
5. What types of chairs are inside the structure? This is a temporary tent, but all seats have padding and backs for optimal comfort.
6. What should I wear? Cirque du Soleil San Francisco does not have a formal dress code. You will see everything from jeans to semi-formal wear.
7. Will it be cold inside the tent? The temperature inside the tent is controlled. Once you step outside to grab a beverage or to go to the restrooms, you will need to bring your jacket as you are outside the temperature-controlled areas.
8. Can I take pictures or videos of the performance? No, cameras and video recorders are prohibited.
Thanksgiving in SF
X-Mas in SF