San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises to Ring in 2023
San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises are my favorite way to celebrate the new year. The best part is that there are several types so you can find the one that fits you best.
On this night, you will find party cruises for those 21+ and higher-end dinner and dancing cruises. All offer some food, drinks, and of course, an amazing view of the fireworks show at midnight.
Many of these cruises return to port shortly after the fireworks display.
Be prepared to fight through the crowds as the thousands of people watching from the shore will also be heading home.
Also, many of them sell out early, so grab your tickets as soon as you know this is what you want to do for New Year's in San Francisco!
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
San Francisco New Years Eve Cruises 2023 to 2024
Red & White Cruises
- Leaves at 10 pm from Pier 43 1/2 in Fisherman's Wharf
- 21 and older only
- Includes two drink tickets per person, snack and dessert bar, and a cash bar
- Huge outdoor roof deck to watch the fireworks at midnight, indoor seating is also available
- Live DJ and a roaming photographer
- Make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before departure
- Visit their site to book your tickets today
Speakeasy New Year's Eve Cruise 2024
- 20's Themed fireworks party cruise
- Hosted Bar with the VIP Experience
- Great views of the fireworks at midnight
- 2 DJs / 3 Decks with music
- Complimentary Premium NYE favors
- Flapper attire encouraged. Cocktail attire required.
- Check in starts at 8:45 pm, VIP priority boarding starts at 9:15 pm, general admission boarding starts at 9:30 pm, boat departs at 9:45 pm, and returns at 12:45 am
- Boarding is at Pier 40 (near Oracle Park - NOT near Pier 39)
- Find tickets
New Year's Eve Party on the Empress Yacht
- Party Cruise aboard The Empress Yacht
- Features two spacious decks and plenty of room to watch the fireworks at midnight
- 3-hour standard open bar from 10 pm to 1 am and a champagne toast at midnight
- Complimentary appetizers during the cruise from 10 pm to 1 am
- Leaves from Pier 40 near Oracle Park (is not near Pier 39)
- Boarding at 9:30 pm, leaves at 10 pm and returns around 1 am
- Find tickets
2024 New Year's Eve Under the Fireworks Cruise
- 4 hour cruise with an open bar
- 2 decks of music, 2 live DJs with Hip/Hop Throwbacks and Top 40/Remixes
- Top deck is an open air deck with a Quaint Bar and Lounge with the best views for the fireworks
- Heavy appetizers severed throughout the cruise
- Cruise is aboard the San Francisco Spirit
- Check in starts at 8:45 pm, VIP boarding at 9 pm, General boarding at 9:15 pm, leaves at 9:30 pm (gate closes at 9:25 pm, so don't be late!)
- Cruises from 9:30 pm to 1 am
- Leaves from Pier 3 - Hornblower Landing
- Find tickets
NYE Fireworks Dinner Cruise
- Leaves from Alameda (2394 Mariner Square Drive) not San Francisco
- Dinner, dancing and a perfect view of the fireworks display from the Cabernet Sauvignon Yacht
- Buffet dinner includes Hand-Carved Strip of New York and pan Seared Chicken Breast Carciofi, salads and side dishes with a tasty dessert.
- Hosted bar (pay per drink) with cocktails, beer, wine, and champagne (sodas and juices are included in the ticket price)
- 4 decks with outdoor access for the fireworks display
- Live DJ spinning all night long
- Boards in Alameda at 8:30 pm, departs at 9 pm, returns after the fireworks display at around 1:15 am
- Find tickets
Hornblower San Francisco NYE Premier Dinner Cruise
- 4 hour cruise that starts boarding at 9 pm on Pier 3
- Four course plated meals with entrees, salads, and desserts
- Top shelf open bar and bottomless Champagne (with certain packages)
- Dance the night away to DJ entertainment
- Watch the fireworks from one of the best spots in the bay
- Smart dress is recommended
- Visit their site for more ticketing information
Fun Things to Do During the Day
Do you love exploring on New Year's Eve Day? If so, you will find plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few of my top recommendations.
Tours & Cruises: You can also explore SF on New Year's Eve Day on one of many tours or cruises. Here are just a few ideas for this day.
Whether you are staying for a few days or are just in town for the night, I highly recommend checking out the great hotel deals in San Francisco. They offer dozens of options throughout the city. The best way to grab the top deals is to book your room early! Check out the current special offers here.
Are you looking for a few recommendations? If so, then check out my Union Square Hotels and my Fisherman's Wharf Hotels pages for the best options for every budget.
Other 21+ Parties
If you prefer to stay on land, you also have several amazing options. Most of the 21 and older parties feature several dance floors, a variety of music, open bars (for at least part of the night), and a chance to meet some new friends.
Learn More: 21+ Parties on NYE 2023/2024
SF NYE Fireworks Display
The biggest event on NYE 2024 is the fireworks display along the SF Bay. This year's display starts at 11:59 pm and lasts for about half an hour. You will find it (and thousands of other fireworks lovers) just to the south of the Ferry Building along the Embarcadero.
Learn More: Tips to Attend the 2023/2024 NYE Fireworks Display
All 2023 & 2024 NYE Activities in SF
In addition to all the parties, you will find some other fun things to do in SF this night. You will find theater performances, live music, and several other fun things to do. You can also find out details on the extended hours for all public transit options in and out of SF.
Learn More: All NYE Activities for 2023/2024
Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
I would love for you to join me in my private Facebook group!
It's a great place to interact with me and others who know the area well.
You can ask questions, get advice for your upcoming stay, and then share your photos and advice with others when you return home. It's a great community and the fastest way to get answers to those nagging questions about your visit!
Come join the fun here!