San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises
Enjoy a Night on the Water to Ring in 2019
San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises are my favorite way to celebrate the new year. The best part is that there are several types so you can find the one that fits you best.
On this night, you will find party cruises, family-friendly options, and higher-end dinner and dancing cruises. All offer some food, drinks, and of course, an amazing view of the fireworks show at midnight.
Many of these cruises return to port shortly after the fireworks display.
Be prepared to fight through the crowds as the thousands of people watching from the shore will also be heading home.
Also, many of them sell out early, so grab your tickets as soon as you know this is what you want to do for New Year's in San Francisco!
San Francisco New Years Eve Cruises 2018 - 2019
1. Red & White 21+ NYE Cruises
- Three boats leaving from Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 43 1/2
- 21 and older cruise only, must have ID to board
- 3-hour cruises: One leaves at 9:30pm and two leave at 10pm
- Make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before departure
- Includes a hosted bar, photo booth, and DJ
- Spectacular views of the fireworks from the outdoor decks or inside viewing areas
- Visit their site to pick up your tickets today
2. Hornblower New Year's Eve Cruise with Four Course Dinner
- Four hour cruise starts at 9pm
- Gourmet four-course seated dinner
- Open premium bar including Champagne, cocktails, beer, wine and other liquors
- Dance floor with live entertainment
- One of the best views of the New Year's Eve fireworks
- Festive party favors
- Dress code for this cruise is upscale casual to business casual. No jeans allowed.
- Cost per person starts $320 (plus taxes and other fees)
- Visit their site for this year's cruise
3. Hornblower San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruise
- 4 hour cruise that starts boarding at 9pm on Pier 3
- Enjoy an open bar, buffet dinner, and a Champagne toast at midnight
- Standard cocktail bar with house Champagne and liqueurs, cash bar for all other beverages
- Dance the night away to DJ Entertainment
- Watch the fireworks from one of the best spots in the bay
- Smart dress is recommended
- Cost per person starts at $268 (plus taxes and fees)
- More on booking this cruise
4. 6th Annual Speakeasy New Year's Eve Cruise 2019
- Hop aboard the Fume Blanc Commodore for NYE 2019
- Transport yourself back to the 20s with black jack tables and dealers
- Enjoy live entertainment from DJs spinning Top 40 music
- Sip on cocktails from the open bar for four hours
- See the lights of SF's top attractions including Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Leaves from Pier 40
- Check in begins at 7:30pm, boarding is at 8:30pm, departing at 9pm
- The boat returns to shore at 1am
- Upscale event and cocktail attire required for entrance
- Book your tickets for this event
5. Fireworks Cruise with SF Bay Adventures
- Cruise the bay on the classic schooner FREDA B
- Leaves from Sausalito at 11pm with check in starting at 10:30pm
- Returns to Sausalito at 1:30pm
- Enjoy the fireworks display from the deck starting at 12pm
- Cash bar for beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages
- Wear layers to stay warm, no high heels (too difficult on the boat deck)
- Tickets required for all passengers including children
- Find tickets today
6. SF Spirit Moonlight NYE Party
- 6th Annual Moonlight Cruise on NYE with the San Francisco Spirit
- Room for 550 guests with three decks that include full dance floors, fully stocked bars, and a great sundeck to check out the views of SF
- Open bar, live DJs, and appetizers
- 21+ event with great views of the fireworks
- Boarding at 8:15pm, departs at 9pm, returns at 1:00am
- Find tickets today
7. New Year's Rock the Yacht
- Party Cruise aboard the Merlot Commodore
- Features two spacious decks and plenty of room to watch the fireworks at midnight
- 4 hours of hosted bar and a champagne toast at midnight
- Taste of delicious desserts during the cruise
- Leaves from Pier 40 near AT&T Park (is not near Pier 39)
- Check in starts at 7:45pm, boarding at 8:30pm, leaves at 9pm and returns around 12:30am
- Dress code is semi formal attire (required to board)
- Ticketing information about this year's event
8. New Year's Eve Fireworks Gala Cruise
- Four-hour open bar with great views of the fireworks
- DJ entertainment all night long
- Spacious 2-story yacht, the Pinot Noir
- Cocktail attire required for this event
- Check in starts at 7:30pm, leaves at 8:30pm, and returns at 12:30am
- Leaves from Pier 40 (not by Pier 39, near AT&T Park)
- Find tickets today
Fun Things to Do During the Day
Do you love exploring on New Year's Eve Day? If so, you will find plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few of my top recommendations.
Cirque du Soleil: Head over to the Big Chapiteau near AT&T Park for a performance of Cirque du Soleil's Volta, the show starts at 1:30pm and is a fun thing to do to start your celebrations
Tours & Cruises: You can also explore SF on New Year's Eve Day on one of many tours or cruises. Here are just a few ideas for this day.
Whether you are staying for a few days or are just in town for the night, I highly recommend checking out the great hotel deals on TripAdvisor.com. They offer dozens of options throughout the city. The best way to grab the top deals is to book your room early! Check out the current special offers on TripAdvisor.com here.
Are you looking for a few recommendations? If so, then check out my Union Square Hotels and my Fisherman's Wharf Hotels pages for the best options for every budget.
Top Shows and Concerts
Other 21+ Parties
If you prefer to stay on land, you also have several amazing options. Most of the 21 and older parties feature several dance floors, a variety of music, open bars (for at least part of the night), and a chance to meet some new friends.
Learn More: 21+ Parties on NYE 2018/2019
SF NYE Fireworks Display
The biggest event on NYE 2018 is the fireworks display along the SF Bay. This year's display starts at 11:59pm and lasts for about half an hour. You will find it (and thousands of other fireworks lovers) just to the south of the Ferry Building along the Embarcadero.
Learn More: Tips to Attend the 2018/2019 NYE Fireworks Display
All 2018 & 2019 NYE Activities in SF
In addition to all the parties, you will find some other fun things to do in SF this night. You will find theater performances, live music, and several other fun things to do. You can also find out details on the extended hours for all public transit options in and out of SF.
Learn More: All NYE Activities for 2018/2019
Other Fun Things to Do in SF
Back to the Top