San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises to Ring in 2023
San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises are my favorite way to celebrate the new year. The best part is that there are several types so you can find the one that fits you best.
On this night, you will find party cruises for those 21+ and higher-end dinner and dancing cruises. All offer some food, drinks, and of course, an amazing view of the fireworks show at midnight.
Many of these cruises return to port shortly after the fireworks display.
Be prepared to fight through the crowds as the thousands of people watching from the shore will also be heading home.
Also, many of them sell out early, so grab your tickets as soon as you know this is what you want to do for New Year's in San Francisco!
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
San Francisco New Years Eve Cruises 2022 - 2023
Speakeasy New Year's Eve Cruise 2023
- 20's Themed fireworks party cruise
- 4 Hours Hosted Bar with great views of the fireworks
- 2 DJs / 3 Decks with music
- Complimentary Premium NYE favors
- Flapper attire encouraged. Cocktail attire required
- Check in starts at 7:45 pm, boat departs at 9 pm, and returns at 12:30 am
- Boarding is at Pier 40 (near Oracle Park)
- Find tickets
New Year's Rock the Yacht
- Party Cruise aboard The Empress Yacht
- Features two spacious decks and plenty of room to watch the fireworks at midnight
- 3-hour standard open bar from 10 pm to 1 am and a champagne toast at midnight
- Complimentary appetizers during the cruise from 10 pm to 1 am
- Leaves from Pier 40 near Oracle Park (is not near Pier 39)
- Boarding at 9:30 pm, leaves at 10 pm and returns around 1 am
- Find tickets
Pier Pressure SF: 2023 New Year's Eve Under the Fireworks Cruise
- 4.5 hour cruise with an open bar
- 2 decks of music with Hip/Hop Throwbacks and Top 40/Remixes
- Top deck is an open air deck with a Quaint Bar and Lounge with the best views for the fireworks
- Heavy appetizers severed throughout the cruise
- Cruise is aboard the San Francisco Spirit
- 3 fully stocked bars
- Check in starts at 8:45 pm, boarding at 9:15 pm, leaves at 9:30 pm (gate closes at 9:25 pm, so don't be late!_
- Cruises from 9:30 pm to 1 am
- Leaves from Pier 3
- Find tickets
NYE Fireworks Dinner Cruise
- Leaves from Alameda (2394 Mariner Square Drive) not San Francisco
- Dinner, dancing and a perfect view of the fireworks display from the Cabernet Sauvignon Yacht
- Buffet dinner includes Hand-Carved Strip of New York and pan Seared Chicken Breast Carciofi, salads and side dishes with a tasty dessert.
- Hosted bar (pay per drink) with cocktails, beer, wine, and champagne (sodas and juices are included in the ticket price)
- 4 decks with outdoor access for the fireworks display
- Live DJ spinning all night long
- Boards in Alameda at 8:30 pm, departs at 9 pm, returns after the fireworks display at around 1:15 am
- Find tickets
The cruises below are from previous years. I'll update them for 2022/2023 once their details are finalized.
SF Spirit Moonlight NYE Party
- 19th Annual Moonlight Cruise on NYE with the San Francisco Spirit
- 3 levels with scenic outdoor decks, lounges, and multiple bars
- One large dance floor
- Four hour cruise
- Open bar, live DJs, and a taco bar dinner
- New Year's Eve party favorites and a champagne greeting
- 21+ event with great views of the fireworks
- Boarding at 8:30 pm, returns at 1:00am
- Find tickets for this popular NYE cruise
Red & White 21+ NYE Cruises
- Leaves Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 43 1/2 at 9:30 pm
- 21 and older cruise only, must have ID to board
- 3-hour cruise
- Make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before departure
- Includes premium open bar, appetizers, photo booth, and DJ
- Spectacular views of the fireworks from the outdoor decks or inside viewing areas
- $190 for General Boarding and $215 for Priority Boarding
- Find tickets on their site
Hornblower San Francisco NYE Belle of the Ball Cruise
- 4 hour cruise that starts boarding at 9pm on Pier 3
- Enjoy an open bar, buffet dinner, and a Champagne toast at midnight
- Standard cocktail bar with house Champagne and liqueurs
- Dance the night away to DJ entertainment
- Watch the fireworks from one of the best spots in the bay
- Smart dress is recommended
New Year's Eve Fireworks Gala Cruise
- Four-hour open bar with great views of the fireworks
- DJ entertainment all night long
- Spacious 2-story yacht, the Chardonnay
- Cocktail attire required for this event
- Check in starts at 7:30pm, leaves at 8:30pm, and returns at 12:30am
- Leaves from Pier 40 (not by Pier 39, near Oracle Park)
Fireworks Cruise with SF Bay Adventures
- Cruise the bay on the classic schooner FREDA B
- Leaves from Sausalito at 11pm with check in starting at 10:30pm
- Returns to Sausalito at 1:30pm
- Enjoy the fireworks display from the deck starting at 12pm
- Cash bar for beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages
- Wear layers to stay warm, no high heels (too difficult on the boat deck)
- Tickets required for all passengers including children
Fun Things to Do During the Day
Do you love exploring on New Year's Eve Day? If so, you will find plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few of my top recommendations.
Tours & Cruises: You can also explore SF on New Year's Eve Day on one of many tours or cruises. Here are just a few ideas for this day.
Whether you are staying for a few days or are just in town for the night, I highly recommend checking out the great hotel deals on TripAdvisor.com. They offer dozens of options throughout the city. The best way to grab the top deals is to book your room early! Check out the current special offers on TripAdvisor.com here.
Are you looking for a few recommendations? If so, then check out my Union Square Hotels and my Fisherman's Wharf Hotels pages for the best options for every budget.
Other 21+ Parties
If you prefer to stay on land, you also have several amazing options. Most of the 21 and older parties feature several dance floors, a variety of music, open bars (for at least part of the night), and a chance to meet some new friends.
Learn More: 21+ Parties on NYE 2021/2022
SF NYE Fireworks Display
The biggest event on NYE 2023 is the fireworks display along the SF Bay. This year's display starts at 11:59 pm and lasts for about half an hour. You will find it (and thousands of other fireworks lovers) just to the south of the Ferry Building along the Embarcadero.
Learn More: Tips to Attend the 2022/2023 NYE Fireworks Display
All 2022 & 2023 NYE Activities in SF
In addition to all the parties, you will find some other fun things to do in SF this night. You will find theater performances, live music, and several other fun things to do. You can also find out details on the extended hours for all public transit options in and out of SF.
Learn More: All NYE Activities for 2022/2023