New Year's Eve Parties in SF 2023 to 2024
Enjoy an exciting night out on the town at one of these New Year's Eve Parties in SF. Many of these fabulous events are in gorgeous hotels, theaters, and other ballrooms throughout the city.
Most include live music, dancing, and a certain number of drinks. The majority also have a dress code and ask that you wear anything from business casual to formal attire.
Check the party details to confirm the dress code for the party you plan to attend.
You will also find some amazing cruises this night in SF. These are great because they often include dinner, drinks, dancing, and the perfect view for the NYE fireworks display.
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
New Years Eve Parties in SF for 2023/2024
All of the New Years Eve parties in SF below are on Sunday, December 31, 2023.
NYE International Ball 2024
- New Years Eve International Ball at W Hotel, 9 pm to 2 am
- San Francisco's # 1 New Year's Eve Party!
- Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco!
- Hottest DJs, Drummers, Dancers, Red Carpet, NYE Party Favors & Much More!
- 4 Hours of Hosted Premium Open Bar
- 4 rooms with 10 world renowned DJs and Performances
- Find tickets online
- The Mother of All New Year's NYE at the Regency Center at 1300 Van Ness Ave.
- The best midnight countdown experience with massive confetti and balloon drop
- Party from 9 pm to 2 am
- 10 Master Class DJs/3 Levels/6 Dance Floors
- Semi formal/cocktail attire required
- Find tickets online
2024 NYE Pub Crawl
- Starts at the Comet Club SF in the Marina District (3111 Fillmore Street)
- Runs from 6 pm to 2 am, register between 6 pm and 10 pm
- $4 drafts and 2-for-1 premiums and champagnes and other drink specials throughout the night
- Bar hop to other participating bars nearby
- All cover charges included
- Find tickets for this pub crawl
Empress Yacht Party Cruise
- Leaves from Pier 40 at 10 pm (boarding at 9:30 pm, returns at 1 am -- IDs required to board)
- Standard Open Bar from 10 pm to 1 am
- Complimentary Appetizers from 10 pm to 1 am
- Includes DJs, dancing, drinking and a lot of fun!
- Find tickets
>> More party cruises for NYE
NYE Live Fireworks Along the Embarcadero
- Party all night long at Sens Restaurant along the Embarcadero
- 5-hours of Premium Open Bar
- Front row seats to the fireworks at midnight
- Heated outdoor patio
- Four DJs and party favors
- Two rooms with music and entertainment
- Party starts at 9 pm and lasts until 2 am
- Find tickets to this year's event
NYE at the Waterbar Along the Embarcadero
- Enjoy dinner and fireworks at the Waterbar at 399 The Embarcadero
- Event starts at 7 pm and runs until 12:30 am (fireworks are at 12 am)
- Prix-Fixe Dinner for $295 per person, plus taxes and tips (sold on a per table basis and you will have the entire table all night)
- Beverages are sold separately
- Find out more and book your table in advance
Black Tie NYE Event at the Clift Hotel
- Party in style from 9 pm to 2 am as you ring in 2024
- Enjoy Live DJs, multiple rooms of music and a countdown at midnight
- Includes a massive balloon drop, free party favors, photographers and more
- Clift Hotel is at 495 Geary Street
- Proper attire and ID required
- Find out more!
Naughty New Years Eve Masquerade at the Power Exchange
- Party all night long starting at 9 pm and ending at around 6 am
- Upscale dress, masks will be provided at the door if you don't bring one
- Three floors open to everyone
- Make sure to visit this page to learn more about the Power Exchange and what this party entails before you book your tickets, it's not your average NYE party!
Diplo (LIVE) New Year's Eve at the Fort Mason Center
- Special performance by Diplo
- Fort Mason Center's Festival Pavilion
- Annual NYE event by EyeHeart
- Also a performances by LP GIOBBI, The Knocks, DJ Dials, DJ Dilly and many others
- Panoramic views of the entire bay from Alcatraz Island to the Golden Gate Bridge
- Expanded outdoor area with a silent disco featuring three channels of DJs, interactive installations, and more
New Bohemia at the Mint
- Ring in the New Year at the historic San Francisco Mint
- Party runs from 9 pm to 3:15 am
- Numerous musical acts with more than 23 areas inside to explore
- Watch a variety of dancers, characters, and other performers
- Coat check, cash bar and plenty of ATMs inside
- Find tickets
More NYE Events in SF
Here are some additional fun things to do this NYE in San Francisco. Click on the event name for more information and ticketing details.
>> More fun things to do for NYE in San Francisco
TBD for 2023/2024
Gatsby's House, InterContinental Mark Hopkins New Years 2023
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins, 999 California Street, starting at 9:00 pm
- 4 hours of Premium Open Bar
- LIVE DJ Sets by 3 of San Francisco and the Bay Area's top DJs
- 2 hours of heavy apps and a complementary nacho bar
- Find tickets
No Scrubs NYE Party at Neck of the Woods
- No Scrubs Party at Neck of the Woods in the Inner Richmond District (406 Clement Street)
- 90's Hip Hop and R&B Party
- Complimentary glass of Champagne at midnight
- CBD Jello shots and THC vape pens (while supplies last) by sponsor California Love Bud
- Starts at 10 pm and runs until 2 am
- Find tickets to this fun event!
- NYE Carnaval Party at the Pena Pachamama (1630 Powell Street) in North Beach
- Runs from 8 pm to 1 am
- Performances by two-time Latin Grammy nominee Eddy Navia, Pachamama Band, and others
- Other performances including local drummers and dancers
- Also enjoy organic food and dancing!
- Find tickets
Recommendations on What to Do During the Day
If you plan to explore during the day, here are a few options for you. Most tours and cruises run a normal day time schedule. Almost all of our attractions and museums are open on New Year's Eve Day, but they close a little early for the evening festivities.
Check out these fun things to do!
New Year's Eve Cruises
In addition to these, you will also find several fun party cruises. They are a little pricey, but many include dinner, drinks, dancing, and fireworks over the SF Bay.
Learn More: NYE Cruises in San Francisco
NYE Hotel Options
If you live outside of the city, you might want to consider finding a hotel room for the night. It will make the journey "home" so much easier.
The best places to stay for the majority of these parties is in Union Square. This is where most of the 21+ parties are this year. Click here for my recommendations for Union Square.
On NYE, you will also find a number of great concerts throughout San Francisco. Some of the top performances are at the Warfield, the Independent, and the Fillmore. Click the link below to check out this year's schedule.
Learn More: Find the Full Schedule of Live Music for NYE
Extended Public Transit Hours for NYE 2023/2024
Most public transit systems in and around SF offer extended hours on New Year's Eve. SF Muni offers additional routes until early in the morning. They also offer free rides from 8 pm to 5 am.
BART also stays open late. They run until around 3 am, which gives you some additional time to get home.
Click here for additional details.
Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
I would love for you to join me in my private Facebook group!
It's a great place to interact with me and others who know the area well.
You can ask questions, get advice for your upcoming stay, and then share your photos and advice with others when you return home. It's a great community and the fastest way to get answers to those nagging questions about your visit!
Come join the fun here!