New Year's Eve Parties in SF
The Best Places to Ring in 2019 in San Francisco
Enjoy an exciting night out on the town at one of these New Year's Eve Parties in SF. Many of these fabulous events are in gorgeous hotels, theaters, and other ballrooms throughout the city.
Most include live music, dancing, and a certain number of drinks. The majority also have a dress code and ask that you wear anything from business casual to formal attire. Check the party details to confirm the dress code for the party you plan to attend.
You will also find some amazing cruises this night in SF. These are great because they often include dinner, drinks, dancing, and the perfect view for the NYE fireworks display.
Disclaimer: I recieve a small commission from some of the links on this page.
New Years Eve Parties in SF for 2018/2019
All of the New Years Eve parties in SF below are on Monday, December 31, 2018.
NYE International Ball 2019
- 9pm to 2am at the Palace Hotel
- Three separate rooms of music with 10 DJs including Euro, Top 40, House, Latin, Persian, International, 80's/90's, Mashup & Hip Hop
- 4000+ Large Balloon Drops in every room at Midnight
- FABULOUS Dancers & Drummers
- A Special Party Photo Booth
- 4.5 hours Premium Hosted Bar for all
- Red Carpet Treatment
- Admission Includes access to ALL Rooms
- Book your tickets today
Epic NYE 2019
- 9pm to 1:30am at the Park Central Hotel Union Square (formerly Westin San Francisco) at 50 3rd Street
- 20,000 feet of party space with 2 levels of entertainment
- 4 rooms with different music including Top 40, House, Hip Hop; 80s/90s/2k Hits; Salsa, Merengue, Reggaetown; VIP's Only Top 40 & Club Hits
- Ball drop at midnight
- Party favors and amazing sound and lighting
- Buy your tickets today
- The Mother of All New Year's at the Regency Ballroom at 1300 Van Ness Ave.
- Party from 9pm to 2am
- 10 DJs & 3 rooms of music
- Casino tables and a photo booth
- 5 hour VIP hosted bar available
- Semiformal attire required
- Find tickets for this year's event
NYE Massive 2019
- 9pm to 2am at the Parc 55 A Hilton Hotel in Union Square
- Multi-City themed NYE Event
- Five cities include NY, Las Vegas, Hollywood, Miami, and San Francisco
- Each city offers a different vibe, music and light show
- Premium party favorites
- Massive ball drops
- Tickets on sale now
New Year's Eve Pubcrawl
- Marina District pub crawl with specials all night long
- Domestic drafts and select imports $4 each
- Champagne: 2 for $18
- Premiums: 2 for $18
- Admission to several Marina bars without having a pay a cover charge
- Starts at Bar None at 1980 Union Street, San Francisco
- Register between 3pm and 8pm
- More details and event tickets
Additional Things to Do on NYE in San Francisco
Cirque du Soleil
Concerts & Shows
Recommendations on What to Do During the Day
If you plan to explore during the day, here are a few options for you. Most tours and cruises run a normal day time schedule. Almost all of our attractions and museums are open on New Year's Eve Day, but they close a little early for the evening festivities.
Check out these fun things to do!
Parties from 2017
The list below is from 2017. Many of these are still in the planning phases for this year and will have more details and tickets available soon.
EyeHeartSF's Streets of San Francisco New Year's Eve
- Fort Mason Center's Festival Pavilion
- Walk through a recreation of the SF city streets at this NYE celebration
- Headliner for 2017 is T-Pain
- Panoramic views of the entire bay from Alcatraz Islands to the Golden Gate Bridge
- Signature midnight champagne toast
- Bar open from 9pm to 2am
- Find tickets at a discount on Goldstar
Tainted Love at Bimbo's 365
- Tainted Love will be live on stage with their mix of 80s dance songs
- Show also features John Brothers Piano Company with sounds of early jazz mixed in with swing and a high energy quartet
- Special appearances by Girl in the Fishbowl
- Get your tickets early as this show is sure to sell out (21+ only)
- Music starts at 8pm
- Bimbo's 365 is at 1025 Columbus in North Beach
- Tickets on sale on TicketFly
Afrolicious with Midtown Social and Smoked Out Soul
- A night of soulful lyrics, funky bass lines and some jazz horns thrown in
- Afrolicious plays tunes with classic funk, disco, Latin, and Afrobeat melodies
- Dance the night away at the Rickshaw Stop
- Midtown Social offers the sounds of California soul
- Smoked Out Soul will also keep your toe tapping with hip hop beats mixed with classic funk and soul
- Show starts at 8pm
- Find tickets on Ticketfly
12th Anniversary 'SF LIVE' NYE Spectacular
- Largest Upscale New Year's Eve Party in SF, formal attire requested
- Travel all around the world partying with your friends this NYE, large themed props/decor in all main rooms
- Hosted open bars with drinks included all night long
- 5 rooms of dancing over 2 floors, DJS playing Top 40, EDM, House, 80s/90s & more
- Live Bands
- Stiltwalkers, performers, taiko drummers, dancers & more entertainers
- 12.31, 9p-2a, Westin St. Francis in Union Square at 335 Powell Street
- Huge Balloon drops & large dance floors in multiple areas.
- Portion of proceeds benefiting local non-profits
- Ticket on sale on Eventbrite
W San Francisco New Years 2018
- W San Francisco Hotel, 181 3rd St, starting at 9:00pm
- Party favors, surprise pop ups and a massive NYE countdown
- Enjoy the 2 lounges, 3 floors, 5 rooms of music
- LIVE DJ Sets by 6 of San Francisco's top deejays
- Indulge in a four hour sponsored hosted bar
- Exclusive VIP Lounge with private bar and Mixologist also available
- Tickets on sale on Eventbrite
New Year's Eve Cruises
In addition to these, you will also find several fun party cruises. They are a little pricey, but many include dinner, drinks, dancing, and fireworks over the SF Bay.
Learn More: NYE Cruises in San Francisco
NYE Hotel Options
If you live outside of the city, you might want to consider finding a hotel room for the night. It will make the journey "home" so much easier.
The best places to stay for the majority of these parties is in Union Square. This is where most of the 21+ parties are this year. Click here for my recommendations for Union Square.
Hotel Deals: Before you book, I also recommend checking out the hotel deals on TripAdvisor.com. If you book early, you might get lucky and find a room at a fraction of the cost. You might also get free WiFi or parking for the night. Click here to check out the current deals on TripAdvisor.com.
On NYE, you will also find a number of great concerts throughout San Francisco. Some of the top performances are at the Warfield, the Independent, and the Fillmore. Click the link below to check out this year's schedule.
Learn More: Find the Full Schedule of Live Music for NYE
Extended Public Transit Hours for NYE 2018/2019
Most public transit systems in and around SF offer extended hours on New Year's Eve. SF Muni offers additional routes until early in the morning. They also offer free rides from 8pm to 5am.
BART also stays open late. They run until around 3am, which gives you some additional time to get home.
Click here for additional details.
Other New Year's Event Events in SF
Back to the Top