Kids Halloween Events in San Francisco 2022: Enjoy Museum Activities, Trick-or-Treating & More in SF
You will find dozens of kids Halloween events in San Francisco every year. They range from the wonderful Scaregrove in Stern Grove to Halloween Hoopla at Yerba Buena Gardens.
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
SF SAFE's Halloween Candy Explosion
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Gilman Park (903 Gilman Avenue).
- All ages are welcome, bring your entire family.
- Festival will feature food, carnival games, and jumpers.
- Other activities include a pumpkin patch, a costume contest, music, face painting, and more.
- Admission is free and the event runs from 11 am to 5 pm
Halloween Hoopla at the Yerba Buena Gardens
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 12 pm to 3 pm
- Free event
- Best for kids under 10 and their parents
- Music, crafts, and a costume parade
- Children's Garden in the Yerba Buena Gardens at 221 Fourth Street in San Francisco
Clancy's Pumpkin Patch
- Two locations that are open from October 1 - 31
- First location at 2101 Sloat Blvd., it's open from 9 am to 8 pm on Sunday thru Thursday and 9 am to 9 pm on Friday and Saturday
- Second location is at 1620 7th Avenue, it's open from 9 am to 9 pm daily
- Find a variety of pumpkins including some not often found in other pumpkin patches
- Crawl through the hay maze or take a hay ride through San Francisco
- Visit their website to learn more
Castro Family Halloween
- Sunday, October 30th
- Runs from 11 am to 5 pm
- Block Party is on Noe Street at Market
- Includes a costume contest, trick or treating, performances, fun activities, and so much more
California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park
- SuperNatural Halloween Event
- 5 pm to 9 pm on Friday, October 28 (5 pm to 6:30 pm is the Werewolf, Vampire, and Mummy Party and has a different ticket price)
- Activities include trick-or-treating, dancing, face painting, magic shows, live animal shows, pumpkins carving, crafts and food/beverages
- The museum does close early this day, at 3 pm, in order to prepare for the event
- General admission tickets (6:30 pm entry) are $50 for adults and $45 for children
>> More details about visiting the California Academy of Sciences
Halloween Haunt JFK in Golden Gate Park
- October 28 from 3 pm to 9 pm
- Free activities including a haunted house, hay maze, carnival rides, arts, and crafts
- Other activities including public art, pianos, and other attractions
- All along the car-free JFK promenade in Golden Gate Park
Ocean Avenue Halloween Block Party
- Free family-friendly event on October 22, 2022
- Located on Faxon Avenue between Ocean Avenue & DeMontfort Avenue
- Runs from Noon to 3 pm
- Fun games, prizes, a DJ spinning tunes, and more.
- Event is sponsored by the Ocean Avenue Association
- Ethnic Toy Drive at The Avenue Bar from 4 pm to 8 pm at 1607 Ocean Avenue
Ghirardelli Spooky Square
- Saturday, October 29 from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Spooky family-friendly fun at Ghirardelli Square
- Activities include a Spooky Magic Show, a Kids' Costume Parade, and a Halloween Dog Costume Contest
- Everything will be held in front of Andrea's Fountain near The Cheese School
- 900 North Point Street, San Francisco
Halloween Hoedown No. 3
- Arts, crafts and family fun
- Along Waller Street between Fillmore and Webster
- Live music by The Olde Country
- Kids, adults, and pets costume contests
- Runs from 11 am to 4 pm on October 30
Halloween Dia De Los Muertos
- Family fun fest at Jack London Square in Oakland
- Sunday, October 30 from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Free event located in the plaza near Plank
- Activities include chalk artists, crafts, pumpkins, music, costume contest and more!
- Goody bags filled with treats (while supplies last)
Berkeley Halloween Fest & Trick or Treating
- Trick or Treating at more than 70 merchant shops along Fourth Street in Berkeley with a pumpkin on their door
- Festival fun on Delaware at Fourth Street includes face painting, art booth, bubble show, pet parade, story booth, and more
- Runs from 3 pm to 5 pm on Monday, October 31
- Fun for the entire family
- They also request that you wear a mask.
Randall Museum Family Halloween Day
- Saturday, October 29 from 10 am to 2 pm
- Randall Museum in Corona Heights
- Event featuring fun Halloween activities such as creepy crafts, ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, live music, pumpkin carving and so much more -- many are low cost activities.
- Admission is free and it's best for kids from infant to age 12.
- Visit the Randall Museum site for more details.
Boo at the Zoo & ZootoberFest
- Saturday and Sunday, October 29 & 30
- Halloween costume parade begins at noon each day with awards for the top three. Takes place by near the Elinor Friend Playground.
- Event will include a giant hay maze, pumpkins for all the animals, and candy treat bags for kids upon exit (from 11 am to 4 pm).
- In the Picnic Pavilion, find a beer garden with German fare and live music.
- Learn more about everything there is to see and do at the SF Zoo
Whoop Dee Doo Show
- Live TV variety show taping and great for all ages
- Two tapings on Saturday, October 29 and Sunday, October 30
- Show will go live on BAVC on Halloween night on their public access station
- Free, but you must book your spots in advance
- Performers include David Hariman's All Star Big Band, TURFinc., and others.
- Reserve your spot today on Eventbrite
Other Top Halloween Pages
Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
I would love for you join me in my private Facebook group!
It’s a great place to interact with me and others that know the area well.
You can ask questions, get advice for your upcoming stay, and then share your photos and advice with others when you return home. It’s a great community and the fastest way to get answers to those nagging questions about your visit!
Come join the fun here!