Kids Halloween Events in San Francisco 2017
Enjoy Museum Activities, Trick-or-Treating & More in SF
You will find dozens of kids Halloween events in San Francisco every year. They range from the wonderful Boo at the Zoo event to trick or treating in Japantown.
Other fun yearly events include the SuperNatural event at the California Academy of Sciences, the celebration at Ghirardelli Square, and the month long activities at Clancy's Pumpkin Patch.
For some of the links on this page, I receive a small commission when you purchase. You don't pay more when you buy through me and it gives me the chance to offer you all this great content for free!
California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park
- SuperNatural Halloween Event
- 5pm to 9pm on Saturday, October 28
- Activities include trick-or-treating, dancing, face painting, magic shows, live animal shows, pumpkins carving, crafts and food/beverages
- The museum does close early this day, at 3pm, in order to prepare for the event
- Tickets are $50 for adults and $35 for children, click here to buy them online today
>> More details about visiting the California Academy of Sciences
6th Annual Spooktacular Halloween Party
- Sunday, October 29 from 12pm to 4pm
- Free event for kids of all ages at the Japantown Peace Plaza
- Mall wide trick-or-treating, games, decorations, arts, and crafts
- Other activities include a bouncy house, face painting, and removable tattoos
- Children in costume can trick-or-treat at both the East and West Malls and will receive candy and other special surprises
>> More things to see & do in Japantown
Halloween Hoopla at the Yerba Buena Gardens
- October 29, 2017 from 12:00pm to 2pm
- Free event
- Music, crafts, and a costume parade
- Children's Garden in the Yerba Buena Gardens at 221 Fourth Street in San Francisco
Noe Valley Spooktacular
- Sunday, October 29 from 2pm to 8pm
- Fun activities for the kids such as hay rides, art projects, face painting, live music and more
- Fun for the parents too with a beer garden (opens at 5:30pm), live entertainment, and a "Best Dressed Real Housewife" contest
- Activities at the Noe Valley Town Square (on 24th between Sanchez and Vicksburg)
Tickets to Other Kid Activities for Halloween Weekend
If you are looking for additional activities this Halloween weekend for your kids and your entire family, then check out the great selection of discounted tickets on Goldstar. They offer tickets at up to 50% off, which will save you a bundle this holiday.
Here are a few of the most popular tickets for kids this Halloween.
- Magowan's Infinite Mirror Maze, head over to Pier 39 with the entire family to check out this popular mirror maze, discounted tickets offered most days in October, check ticket availability
- Thrills & Chills at California's Great America Theme Park, Santa Clara is the place to be for this Halloween Haunt at California's Great America, offered several days in October, check ticket availability
- 7D Experience, another fun activity on SF's Pier 39, fight as a team against the bad guys in this half video game, half movie adventure, several dates available in October, check ticket availability
- Friday, October 27, 2017 from 3pm to 9pm
- $10.00 admission per person
- Annual Halloween event at Sigmund Stern Grove at 2750 19th Avenue
- Includes carnival rides, a haunted house, hay rides, games, crafts, live entertainment and food for sale
- Those in costume can join in on the costume parade
- 12th Annual Event in the Haight Ashbury District
- Fun and safe place for kids to celebrate Halloween
- This year's theme is "Nightmares and Fears"
- Saturday, October 21 from 11am to 4pm
- In the skate park next to Kezar Pavilion at 755 Stanyan
- Games, costume contest, jumpy house and more
Boo at the Zoo
- Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 39 from 11am to 4pm
- Head out to the San Francisco Zoo in your favorite costume
- Trick or treat stations, a Haunted Nature Trail and the popular Pumpkin Chomp N' Stomp - where the animals get to have some fun too!
- Halloween crafts
- All activities free with regular admission to the SF Zoo
- Learn more about everything there is to see and do at the SF Zoo
Clancy's Pumpkin Patch
- Open from October 1 to October 31 from 9am to 9pm every day
- Find a variety of pumpkins including some not often found in other pumpkin patches
- Crawl through the hay maze or take a hay ride through San Francisco
- Visit their website to learn more
Chinatown Neighborhood Halloween Festival
- Saturday, October 28
- Activities on Waverly Place, at the Chinatown Y, in Willie Woo Woo Wong Playground, and other places around the district
- Runs from 11am to 5pm
- Tickets available at the entrance gates
Are you looking for just the right costume for Halloween? If so, then check out my list of five great places in San Francisco to buy costumes. Their selection ranges from traditional costume sets to places where you can create your own look.
Save this list to Pinterest!
Other Top Halloween Pages
Back to the Top