Kids Halloween Events in San Francisco 2021: Enjoy Museum Activities, Trick-or-Treating & More in SF
You will find dozens of kids Halloween events in San Francisco every year. They range from the wonderful Scaregrove in Stern Grove to Halloween Hoopla at Yerba Buena Gardens.
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
Halloween Hoopla at the Yerba Buena Gardens
- October 30, 2021 from 12:00pm to 2pm
- Free event
- Music, crafts, and a costume parade
- Children's Garden in the Yerba Buena Gardens at 221 Fourth Street in San Francisco
Clancy's Pumpkin Patch
- Two locations this year, both are open through October 31
- First location at 2101 Sloat Blvd., it's open from 9 am to 8 pm on Sunday thru Thursday and 9 am to 9 pm on Friday and Saturday
- Second location is at 1620 7th Avenue, it's open from 9 am to 9 pm daily
- Find a variety of pumpkins including some not often found in other pumpkin patches
- Crawl through the hay maze or take a hay ride through San Francisco
- Visit their website to learn more
Randall Museum Family Halloween Day
- Saturday, October 30 from 10 am to 1 pm
- Randall Museum in Corona Heights
- Outdoor event featuring fun Halloween activities such as creepy crafts, ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, live music, pumpkin carving and so much more.
- Reservations are required and admission is limited.
- Best for kids up to 12 years old and their families.
- Everyone 2 years and up must wear masks throughout the entire event.
- Visit the Randall Museum site for more details.
California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park
- SuperNatural Halloween Event
- 5 pm to 9 pm on Friday, October 22 (5 pm to 6:30 pm is the Werewolf, Vampire, and Mummy Party and has a different ticket price)
- Activities include trick-or-treating, dancing, face painting, magic shows, live animal shows, pumpkins carving, crafts and food/beverages
- The museum does close early this day, at 3pm, in order to prepare for the event
- General admission tickets (6:30 pm entry) are $50 for adults and $45 for children
>> More details about visiting the California Academy of Sciences
Ocean Avenue Halloween Block Party
- Free family-friendly event on October 23, 2021
- Located on Faxon Avenue between Ocean Avenue & DeMontfort Avenue
- Runs from Noon to 3 pm
- Fun games, prizes, a DJ spinning tunes, and more.
- Event is sponsored by the Ocean Avenue Association
Ghirardelli Spooky Square
- Saturday, October 30 from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Spooky family-friendly fun at Ghirardelli Square
- Activities include a Spooky Magic Show, a Kids' Costume Parade, and a Halloween Dog Costume Contest
- Everything will be held in front of Andrea's Fountain near The Cheese School
Boo at the Zoo (Sloth-oween)
- Saturday and Sunday, October 23 - 24, 30 - 31
- Halloween costume parade begins at noon each day with awards for the top three. Takes place by the Lion Fountain which is near Penguin Island.
- Zoo will be filled with Day of the Dead and sloth-themed haunted houses. You'll also find some fun sloth facts and puns.
- In the Picnic Pavilion, find a beer garden with German fare and live music.
- Masks required in certain areas.
- Reservations required and are available two weeks ahead of each event date.
- Learn more about everything there is to see and do at the SF Zoo
Halloween Dia De Los Muertos
- Family fun fest at Jack London Square in Oakland
- Saturday, October 30 from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Free event located in the plaza near Plank
- Activities include chalk artists, crafts, pumpkins, music, costume contest and more!
Berkeley Halloween Fest & Trick or Treating (TBD for 2021)
- Trick or Treating at more than 70 merchant shops along Fourth Street in Berkeley with a pumpkin on their door
- Festival fun on Delaware at Fourth Street includes face painting, art booth, bubble show, pet parade, Cat in the Hat story booth, and more
- Runs from 2pm to 5pm on Thursday, October 31
- Fun for the entire family
Note: I'm not sure they will be having Scaregrove this year. Stern Grove had a devastating flood in late August and not sure it will be ready by the time this event takes place. Stay tuned and I'll update this if they decide to have it.
- Friday, October 25, 2019 from 3pm to 9pm
- $10.00 admission per person
- Annual Halloween event at Sigmund Stern Grove at 2750 19th Avenue
- Includes carnival rides, a haunted house, hay rides, games, crafts, live entertainment and food for sale
- Those in costume can join in on the costume parade
Halloween Hootenanny (Canceled for 2021)
- 14th Annual Event in the Haight Ashbury District
- Fun and safe place for kids to celebrate Halloween
- This year's theme is "Nightmares and Fears"
- Saturday, October 26 from 11am to 4pm
- In the skate park next to Kezar Pavilion at 755 Stanyan
- Games, costume contest, jumpy house and more
Other Top Halloween Pages