Kids Halloween Events in San Francisco 2023: Enjoy Museum Activities, Trick-or-Treating & More in SF
You will find dozens of kids Halloween events in San Francisco every year. They range from the wonderful Scaregrove in Stern Grove to Halloween Hoopla at Yerba Buena Gardens.
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
Spoolk Street Spooktacular
- Trick or Treating on Polk Street
- Enjoy other activities in Helen Wills Park from 11 am to 3 pm
- Costume contests for kids, adults and dogs with prizes from neighborhood merchants
- Sunday, October 29
Halloween Block Party
- Tuesday, October 31 from 4 pm to 8 pm
- 400 Amazon Avenue between Madrid and Edinburgh Street
- Food and snacks provided
- Enjoy candy, games, and a ball pit for the kids
Halloween Hoopla at the Yerba Buena Gardens
- Saturday, October 28, 2023 from 12 pm to 3 pm
- Free event
- Best for kids under 10 and their parents
- Music, crafts, and a costume parade
- Children's Garden in the Yerba Buena Gardens at 799 Howard Street in San Francisco
Clancy's Pumpkin Patch
- Two locations that are open from October 1 - 31
- First location at 2101 Sloat Blvd., it's open from 9 am to 8 pm on Sunday thru Thursday and 9 am to 9 pm on Friday and Saturday
- Second location is at 1620 7th Avenue, it's open from 9 am to 9 pm daily
- Find a variety of pumpkins including some not often found in other pumpkin patches
- Crawl through the hay maze or take a hay ride through San Francisco
- Visit their website to learn more
Castro Family Halloween
- Sunday, October 29th
- Runs from 11 am to 5 pm
- Block Party is on Noe Street at Market
- Includes a costume contest, trick or treating, performances, fun activities, and so much more
- Reserve your free spot through Eventbrite
California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park
- SuperNatural Halloween Event
- 5 pm to 9 pm on Friday, October 27 (5 pm to 6:30 pm is the Werewolf, Vampire, and Mummy Party and has a different ticket price)
- Activities include trick-or-treating, silent disco, face painting, magic shows, live animal shows, and food/beverages
- The museum does close early this day, at 3 pm, in order to prepare for the event
- General admission tickets (6:30 pm entry) are $50 for adults and $35 for youth (3 - 17)
>> More details about visiting the California Academy of Sciences
Ocean Avenue Halloween Block Party
- Free family-friendly event on Saturday, October 28
- Located in Unity Plaza at 1002 Ocean Avenue
- Runs from Noon to 3 pm
- Fun games, prizes, a DJ spinning tunes, and more.
- Event is sponsored by the OMI Cultural Participation Project
Ghirardelli Spooky Square
- Saturday, October 28 from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Spooky family-friendly fun at Ghirardelli Square
- Activities include a Spooky Magic Show ( 1pm to 2 pm), a Kids' Costume Parade (2 pm to 3 pm), and a Halloween Dog Costume Contest (3 pm to 4 pm)
- Everything will be held in front of Andrea's Fountain
- 900 North Point Street, San Francisco
Halloween Dia De Los Muertos
- Family fun fest at Jack London Square in Oakland
- Sunday, October 29 from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Free event located in the plaza near Plank
- Activities include chalk artists, crafts, pumpkins, music, costume contest and more!
- Goody bags filled with treats (while supplies last)
Berkeley Halloween Fest & Trick or Treating
- Trick or Treating at more than 70 merchant shops along Fourth Street in Berkeley with a pumpkin on their door
- Festival fun on Delaware at Fourth Street includes face painting, art booth, bubble show, pet parade, story booth, and more
- Runs from 3 pm to 5 pm on Tuesday, October 31
- Fun for the entire family
- They also request that you wear a mask.
Randall Museum Family Halloween Day
- Saturday, October 21 from 10 am to 2 pm
- Randall Museum in Corona Heights
- Event featuring fun Halloween activities such as creepy crafts, ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, live music, pumpkin carving and so much more -- many are low cost activities.
- Admission is free and it's best for kids from infant to age 12.
- Visit the Randall Museum site for more details.
Boo at the Zoo Presented by First 5 California
- Saturday and Sunday, October 21 & 22, 28 & 29 from 10 am to 5 pm
- Halloween costume parade begins at noon each day with awards for the top three. Takes place by near the Elinor Friend Playground.
- Event will include a giant hay maze, pumpkins for all the animals, and so much more!
- In the Picnic Pavilion, find a beer garden with German fare and live music.
- Learn more about everything there is to see and do at the SF Zoo
SF SAFE's Halloween Candy Explosion
- Saturday, October 28, 2023 at NOW Hunters Point (155 Jennings Street)
- All ages are welcome, bring your entire family.
- Festival will feature food, carnival games, and bounce houses.
- Other activities include a pumpkin patch, a costume contest, music, face painting, and more.
- Admission is free and the event runs from 11 am to 4 pm
Trick or Treat at the Ferry Building
- Sunday, October 29 from 11 am to 1 pm
- Perfect place for kids and families to go trick or treating around the Ferry Building Marketplace
- Pick up a bag in the front of the Ferry Building and then head to participating vendors
- There is also a scavenger hunt and a live pumpkin carving demonstration
- Other activities include face painting, kid's activity table, and more
Other Top Halloween Pages
Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
I would love for you to join me in my private Facebook group!
It's a great place to interact with me and others who know the area well.
You can ask questions, get advice for your upcoming stay, and then share your photos and advice with others when you return home. It's a great community and the fastest way to get answers to those nagging questions about your visit!
Come join the fun here!