Excite your senses and spark your imagination at this year's Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances of Kurios, Cabinet of Curiosities. All shows will take place Under the Big Top in the parking lots near AT&T Park. The show runs from November 14 to January 18, 2015.
Kurios lets you escape the day and dive into the question of whether you could change the course of reality at will. It will transport you into a mystical realm that disorients your senses.
The show follows the story of an ambitious inventor. He has the ability to defy the law of space, time, and reality. Things that are visible become invisible and everything else is turned upside down.
Step into his cabinet to investigate and see his world of curiosities.
All Cirque du Soleil San Francisco shows feature gorgeous costumes and talented acrobats. Both combine for an experience you will never forget!
Performances run Tuesday - Sunday. In November, you can catch one performance every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night at 8pm. There are two performances on Friday and Saturday at 4:30pm and 8:00pm. On Sunday, the two performances are at 1:30pm and 5:00pm.
The schedule is almost the same in December. The only changes are on December 24 and December 31. These days you can catch two performances, one at 1:30pm and one at 4:30pm.
The schedule for January is similar. The only difference is that there are no performance on January 1. There is also just the evening performance on Friday, January 2. The final performance is at 5pm on Sunday, January 18.
Tip to Save: You will also find a limited number of dates with tickets up to half-off on Goldstar. Click here to check their selection of tickets and save today!
All performances are in a large tent in the parking lots on the southern side of AT&T Park. Here is a map showing the location of the event.
The big top holds more than 2,600 people per performance. This makes parking a nightmare. I recommend taking public transit to get to and from the performances.
From Union Square
The best way to get here from Union Square is to take either the 30 or the 45 bus south to 3rd and Brannan Streets. This drops you about two city blocks from the tent. Walk south on 3rd Street, over the bridge and you will see the tent as you are crossing. It's $2 per person each way.
From Fisherman's Wharf
The easiest way to get to the Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances from Fisherman's Wharf is the 30 bus (same stop as mentioned above). It's $2 per person each way.
If you do decide to drive, be prepared to pay $30 to $40 for parking. The meters here are expensive and only last for about two hours. This won't give you the time to see the performance and return without getting a ticket (yes - they LOVE to ticket during these times).
You can either park in one of the lots right next to the tent. These might run more than the prices mentioned above. You can also find parking garages and lots on Townsend and Brannan Streets.
Taking a taxi is another great way to get here. From Union Square, it will cost you around $10 to $15 + tip. From Fisherman's Wharf, it will cost around $15 to $20 + tip.
If you plan to grab a hotel room the night of the performance, I recommend that you stay either downtown or in Union Square. Both offer a wide selection of hotel rooms that are conveniently located to public transportation which will easily get you to the Cirque du Soleil performances.
Tip to Save: Another great place to look is on TripAdvisor.com. This is where you will find some great discounts on room rates, hotel parking, and more. Click here to check their special offers section and find the best hotel deal for your stay.
This area in the SOMA district has several great restaurants. I recommend enjoying a nice dinner in this neighborhood either before or after the show. Here are just a few recommendations.
1. How long does the performance last? The estimated show length is 2 hours and 10 minutes. This includes one thirty minute intermission.
2. When can we arrive and grab out seats? The entrance gates open 45-minutes before the show. The tent doors open 30-minutes prior to the opening act.
3. Can I enter after the show starts? Cirque du Soleil San Francisco has a strict policy of only allowing later comers to head to their seats during a reasonable break in the action. Late comers in wheel chairs will only be permitted to enter during intermission.
4. Do you have food and beverages on site for purchase? Yes, you can purchase popcorn, candy and a few other snacks at the food stand. They also serve beer, wine and soft drinks.
5. What types of chairs are inside the structure? This is a temporary tent, but all seats have padding and backs for optimal comfort.
6. What should I wear? Cirque du Soleil San Francisco does not have a formal dress code. You will see everything from jeans to semi-formal wear.
7. Will it be cold inside the tent? The temperature inside the tent is controlled. Once you step outside to grab a beverage or to go to the restrooms, you will need to bring your jacket as you are outside the temperature-controlled areas.
8. Can I take pictures or videos of the performance? No, cameras and video recorders are prohibited.
Thanksgiving in SF
X-Mas in SF
Did you enjoy this page?
Like me on Facebook for the latest
Are you still looking for additional information? If you can't find what you are looking for, you can use the Google search box below to search the site or click here to ask me directly. Thanks for visiting my site!