Excite your senses and spark your imagination at this year's Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances of Amaluna. All shows will take place Under the Big Top in the parking lots near AT&T Park. The show runs from November 15 to January 12.
Amaluna lets you escape reality and travel to a small island with plenty of colorful characters. Women rule this mysterious and beautiful island that is guided by the cycles of the moon.
The show follows the story of Queen Prosperia's daughter as she matures into a woman. During her daughter's coming of age party, the queen creates a storm that forces a group of young men to land on her island.
The queen's daughter falls for one of the young men. Their epic and emotional relationship is tested. They are forced to overcome great odds before they create peace and harmony in their lives.
All Cirque du Soleil San Francisco shows feature gorgeous costumes and talented acrobats. Both combine for an experience you will never forget!
Some of the acts performed within Amaluna include:
These are subject to change, but give you an idea on what to expect during the show.
Performances run Tuesday - Sunday. In November, you can catch one performance every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night at 8pm. There are two performances on Friday and Saturday at 4:30pm and 8:00pm. On Sunday, the two performances are at 1:00pm and 4:30pm.
The schedule changes in December. This month, you can catch performances on Wednesday - Sunday (excluding Christmas Day). All performances on Wednesday are at 8pm. On Thursday - Sunday, there are two performances with slightly different times each week.
In January, the performances run from January 2 - 5 and then again from January 8 - 12. Most days offer two performances, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
Ticket prices range from $55 to $150 per person (adult price). Tickets are on sale for all dates on TicketLiquidator.com.
All performances are in a large tent in the parking lots on the southern side of AT&T Park. Here is a map showing the location of the event.
The big top holds more than 2,600 people per performance. This makes parking a nightmare. I recommend taking public transit to get to and from the performances.
From Union Square
The best way to get here from Union Square is to take either the 30 or the 45 bus south to 3rd and Brannan Streets. This drops you about two city blocks from the tent. Walk south on 3rd Street, over the bridge and you will see the tent as you are crossing. It's $2 per person each way.
From Fisherman's Wharf
The easiest way to get to the Cirque du Soleil San Francisco performances from Fisherman's Wharf is the 30 bus (same stop as mentioned above). It's $2 per person each way.
If you do decide to drive, be prepared to pay $30 to $40 for parking. The meters here are expensive and only last for about two hours. This won't give you the time to see the performance and return without getting a ticket (yes - they LOVE to ticket during these times).
You can either park in one of the lots right next to the tent. These might run more than the prices mentioned above. You can also find parking garages and lots on Townsend and Brannan Streets.
Taking a taxi is another great way to get here. From Union Square, it will cost you around $10 to $15 + tip. From Fisherman's Wharf, it will cost around $15 to $20 + tip.
This area in the SOMA district has several great restaurants. I recommend enjoying a nice dinner in this neighborhood either before or after the show. Here are just a few recommendations.
1. How long does the performance last? The estimated show length is 2 hours and 10 minutes. This includes one thirty minute intermission.
2. When can we arrive and grab out seats? The entrance gates open 45-minutes before the show. The tent doors open 30-minutes prior to the opening act.
3. Can I enter after the show starts? Cirque du Soleil San Francisco has a strict policy of only allowing later comers to head to their seats during a reasonable break in the action. Late comers in wheel chairs will only be permitted to enter during intermission.
4. Do you have food and beverages on site for purchase? Yes, you can purchase popcorn, candy and a few other snacks at the food stand. They also serve beer, wine and soft drinks.
5. What types of chairs are inside the structure? This is a temporary tent, but all seats have padding and backs for optimal comfort.
6. What should I wear? Cirque du Soleil San Francisco does not have a formal dress code. You will see everything from jeans to semi-formal wear.
7. Will it be cold inside the tent? The temperature inside the tent is controlled. Once you step outside to grab a beverage or to go to the restrooms, you will need to bring your jacket as you are outside the temperature-controlled areas.
8. Can I take pictures or videos of the performance? No, cameras and video recorders are prohibited.
Thanksgiving in SF
X-Mas in SF
Did you enjoy this page?
Like me on Facebook for the latest
Are you still looking for additional information? If you can't find what you are looking for, you can use the Google search box below to search the site or click here to ask me directly. Thanks for visiting my site!
Do you have an upcoming event that you would like to promote? Click here for details on how to add your event for free!