Valentines Day in San Francisco
Ideas to Make Your 2016 Valentine's Day Getaway Extra Special
Love is in the air this Valentines Day in San Francisco. This insider's guide shows you where to find the best hideaways and intimate places for dinner or drinks. It will also give you other ideas on where to spend the perfect evening - or weekend - with your Valentine.
All of the tips you find here are sure to make your day (or weekend) extra special. You'll find of the best restaurant menus, romantic bars and a few hidden hotels. You will also find some of the best events including SF Broadway performances and a few Valentine's bay cruises.
One of several colorful hearts on display in San Francisco's Union Square
Restaurant Specials on Valentine's Day
These are some of the best restaurant specials for you and your sweetie!
- 1601 Bar & Kitchen: Valentine's Day menu at $99 per person, SOMA/Sri Lankan
- 54 Mint: 3-course pre-fix dinner menu for $80 per person, SOMA/Italian
- AQ Restaurant & Bar: 2 tasting menus ($120 and $220); SOMA/Contemporary American
- Bourbon Steak: 4-course tasting menu for $135 per person, Union Square/Steakhouse
- Butterfly, The Embarcadero: 4-course Valentine's Day menu for $80, Embarcadero/Pan-Asian
- Foreign Cinema: 3-course dinner for $95 per person (vegetarian options available), Mission/Californian
- La Folie: 5-course tasting menu $200 per person, not including beverages, Russian Hill/French
- Luce: 3-course menu for $75 per person, also serving a la carte menu, SOMA/Contemporary American
- Octavia: 4-course menu for $90 per person, plus $50 to add the wine pairing, Pacific Heights/Contemporary American
- Range: 4-course pre-fix menu, $100 per person, a la carte option also served in the bar area, Mission/Californian
- Seven Hills: 5-course menu for $120 per person, Russian Hill/Italian
All prices exclude taxes and gratuity. Tables are filling up quickly so book yours today on OpenTable.com.
Other Restaurants You Might Enjoy: Fine Dining | Italian | Union Square
Special Valentine's Bay Cruises
You will find a good selection of cruises for Valentine's Day every year. Here are the details for the best 2016 Valentine's Day cruises.
San Francisco Valentine's Cruise with Dinner & Dancing
- Offered Sunday, February 14
- 3-hour cruise
- Four course seated dinner
- Hosted premium bar including premium Champagne
- DJ entertainment and dancing
- Business casual attire
- Beautiful views of SF from the bay
- Board at 6:30pm, cruise leaves Pier 3 at 7:30pm
- Tickets start at $225 per person
- Buy your tickets today
Valentine's Day Cruise on the SF Belle
- Offered only on Sunday, February 14
- 3-hour cruise
- Delicious dinner buffet
- One glass of beer or wine included (more available for purchase on board)
- Board at 6:30pm and leave at 7:00pm
- Business casual attire
- Tickets start at $186 per person
- Buy your tickets today
Valentine's Day 2016 Premium Sunset Romance on the Bay
Board the sailing vessel, the Derek M. Baylis, for a beautiful sunset on the Bay on this 3-hour cruise. Glide under the Golden Gate Bridge, past romantic city lights and iconic landmarks with views of Alcatraz, Angel Island and Sausalito, as you listen to romantic music.
- The vessel leaves from the Pier 40 dock at 4:30pm, returning after 7:00pm. You can also board in the East Bay at Marina Bay Harbor.
- All food and drinks on board are free! Sip sparkling wine or Champagne and feast on delicious finger food. Beer, soda, juices and water freely available.
- A surprise Valentine's gift with your personalized message to your partner is included at your request - our New Year’s guests praised intimate and personal touches provided by our crew.
- All charter income supports the boat’s ocean research and education mission, so grab tickets now on Eventbrite.
Other Valentine's Day and Weekend Cruises
SF Bay Cruise Adventure
- One hour cruise around the SF Bay
- Listen to the narration as you cruise past top attractions including the Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz Island and Sausalito
- Cruise under the famous Golden Gate Bridge for some of the best views of this gorgeous structure
- Several cruises leave all day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Find tickets on Goldstar at Up to 50% off today!
San Francisco Twilight Cruise
- 2-hour cruise around the SF Bay
- Hearty appetizers and one cocktail with ticket (you can buy additional drinks at the cash bar)
- Cruise past Alcatraz, see the shores of Sausalito, and ride under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Live commentary from the captain
- Indoor and outdoor seating
- Leaves from Pier 43 at 5:30pm
- Find tickets on sales on Viator.com today!
More SF Bay Cruises: Top Five SF Bay Cruises
Great San Francisco Pillow Fight
The Great San Francisco Pillow Fight will once again be at Justin Herman Plaza this year. It's open to everyone and starts at 6pm on February 14. Make sure to arrive with your pillow in a bag. When the clock strikes 6pm, it's time to begin the fun. Please don't hit anyone without a pillow in their hand (unless they want you to hit them)!
Other Things to Do on Valentine's Day & Weekend 2016
San Francisco Theater & Best of Broadway Shows
Take your Valentine to the theater! Catch the final performance of Jersey Boys at the Orpheum Theater. It tells the real story of what it took Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons to make it big. You'll see them start as blue collar workers and find out how they ended up as with a number of hit songs.
More: Full SF Theater Calendar for February 2016
Tickets: Buy Your Tickets Today
Special Valentine's Day Show with Sophie B. Hawkins
Head over to The Chapel for a special night with Sophie B. Hawkins. Doors open at 8pm and the show starts at 9pm.
Tickets: On Sale Now on TicketFly.com
Enjoy The Love Bird's Special at Archimedes Banya
Relax and unwind with your sweetie at Archimedes Banya at 748 Innes Ave. On Valentines' Day, they are offer The Love Bird's Special. It includes a Couples Chocolate and Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub (30 mins), Couples Romantic Rose Swedish Massage (60 mins), and more! Contact them today for more details and to book your spot!
Learn More: Visit their Website for More Details
San Francisco Valentine's Dance Party at W Hotel
- Saturday, February 13
- Celebrate your Valentine's Day at the W HOTEL
- Couples, Singles, Friends, All welcome...
- First 50 ladies will receive a Rose
- Complimentary Champagne for all between 9pm & 10pm
- DJs, Aykut & Yousef w/ Drummers
- Sexy Euro, International House Beats, Top 40 & Club Anthems
- Party & Drink Boutique at the W
- The Best Valentine's Dance Party in San Francisco
- Buy your tickets today!
San Francisco Symphony Performances
On Valentine's Day, you can catch the an SF Symphony performance as Pinchas Zukerman plays Mozart. This highly rated show starts at 2pm. On Friday and Saturday, you can also see Vertigo - Feature Film with the SFS performing the score live.
More: Find Additional Information & Tips to Attend a Performance
Foodies! The Musical
This fun, local show offers an entertaining night on the town for anyone that loves food. On Valentine's night, watch the cast of Foodies! perform hilarious skits on food etiquette, the craziness of menus, food trucks, and more.
Tickets: Up to 50% Off on Goldstar
SF Chronicle Wine Competition
The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is the largest competition of American wines in the world. This highly anticipated event offers a public tasting where you can sip and sample the wines entered into the competition. The 2016 public tasting is on Saturday, February 13. This tasting usually sells out in advance, so buy your tickets online to reserve your spot today.
More: Event & Ticketing Information
Other Top Events in SF In February
Five Romantic SF Bars
Are you interested in grabbing a drink with your Valentine? Here are a few romantic spots to check out.
- Hotel Biron Wine Bar: This is a cute and very small wine bar in the Hayes Valley neighborhood. It's off the main street and the perfect place to grab a drink either before or after dinner. They are open Mon - Sun from 5pm to 2am, 45 Rose Street (between Market Street & Gough Street)
- The Hidden Vine: This is another wine bar hidden just a few streets away from Union Square. It's cute, quaint and the perfect place for a date night. They are open on Monday from 4pm to 10pm and Tuesday - Saturday from 4pm to 12am. 408 Merchant Street
- Two Sisters Bar and Books: Another romantic bar in San Francisco is the newly opened Two Sisters Bar and Books. This small and charming bar is in the Hayes Valley neighborhood. It's long and skinny - only allowing for tables with two chairs. They have a limited food menu also. They are open on Tuesday - Thursday from 4pm to 11pm, Friday from 4pm to 12am, Saturday from 11am to 12am and on Sunday from 11am to 10pm. 579 Hayes Street
- Muka Underground Wine & Dessert Lounge: Do you want to grab drinks and a dessert? If so, then head over to Muka. This cute and romantic bar serves wine, beer and some of the most amazing desserts. They also offer a small number of savory options such as Crispy Pommes Frites and Fromage & Charcuterie Plates (cheese and meat plates). They are open Tuesday - Thursday from 6pm to 11pm and Friday and Saturday nights from 6pm to 1am. 1345 Bush Street (between Larkin and Polk Streets)
- The Barrel Room: The next romantic and low key option for your visit is The Barrel Room. This is another bar that serves just wine and beer. It has an intimate setting and is the perfect date night location. They also have a small menu with a few munchies and some meat and cheese plates. Their hours are Monday - Thursday & Sunday from 5pm to 12am and Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 2am. 620 Post Street (between Taylor and Trader Vic Alley)
Five Romantic San Francisco Hotels
There are hundreds of hotels in San Francisco, but many are in the chaos of the city. Here you will find some of my favorite 'off the beaten path' options, where you can spend a little time snuggling with your sweetheart.
- Hotel Drisco: The Hotel Drisco is a small four star hotel in San Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood. It's set among some of the most beautiful houses and mansions in the city. The neighborhood is quiet, but close to many cute shops, restaurants and bars. 2901 Pacific Avenue, Rooms start at around $275 a night
- Inn at the Presidio: The Inn at the Presidio is a great get away within the city. This newly opened inn sits inside the gates of the Presidio - an old army base and National Historic Landmark. They offer 22 rooms and 17 of them are suites. Many offer a small outdoor patio with a gas fire pit and porches with rocking chairs. Inside the rooms you'll find gas fireplaces as well as plenty of luxury. 42 Moraga Avenue, Rooms start at around $195 a night
- Union Street Inn: The Union Street Inn is a romantic bed and breakfast in San Francisco's Marina District. With only 6 guest rooms, you always get warm and personalized service. There is also a serene cottage garden which is a beautiful spot for a relaxing breakfast or afternoon tea. 2229 Union Street, Rooms start at around $220 a night
- Chateau Tivoli Bed and Breakfast: Another bed and breakfast you will enjoy is the Chateau Tivoli. This small b & b is just steps from Alamo Square Park and the colorful Victorians (also known as Painted Ladies) that surround it. Set in a historic building, Chateau Tivoli offers nine guest rooms. Enjoy some time on your own or join others for some wine and snacks each afternoon. 1057 Steiner Street, Rooms start at around $100 a night
- Cavallo Point: Cavallo Point is a four and a half star hotel found just to the north of the Golden Gate Bridge. This resort offers some of the best views of the bridge and the city of San Francisco. You can choose from either unique historic or contemporary lodging. There is also a spa on site, where you and your Valentine can relax in its peaceful and tranquil setting. Murray Circle, the on-site restaurant, serves up some of the best dishes in the bay area. 601 Murray Circle, Rooms start at around $314 a night
Are you looking for a great hotel deal for Valentine's Day? Several hotels are already offering deals for Valentine's Day 2016. Visit TripAdvisor for the most up-to-date list of hotels deals available for your special Valentine's Day celebration!
More SF Hotel Recommendations
Other Fun Things to Do In SF
Back to the Top