San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises
Enjoy a Night on the Water to Ring in 2017
San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruises are my favorite way to celebrate the new year. The best part is that there are several types so you can find the one that fits you best.
On this night, you will find party cruises, family-friendly options, and higher-end dinner and dancing cruises. All offer some food, drinks, and of course, an amazing view of the fireworks show at midnight.
Many of these cruises return to port shortly after the fireworks display.
Be prepared to fight through the crowds as the thousands of people watching from the shore will also be heading home.
Also, many of them sell out early, so grab your tickets as soon as you know this is what you want to do for New Year's in San Francisco!
1. Hornblower New Year's Eve Cruise with Four Course Dinner
- Four hour cruise starts at 9pm
- Gourmet four-course seated dinner
- Open premium bar including Champagne, cocktails, beer, wine and other liquors
- Dance floor with live entertainment
- One of the best views of the New Year's Eve fireworks
- Festive party favors
- Dress code for this cruise is upscale casual to business casual. No jeans allowed.
- Cost per person starts $289 (plus taxes and other fees)
2. Hornblower San Francisco New Year's Eve Cruise
- 4 hour cruise that starts boarding at 9pm on Pier 3
- Enjoy an open bar, buffet dinner, and a Champagne toast at midnight
- Standard cocktail bar with house Champagne and liqueurs, cash bar for all other beverages
- Dance the night away to DJ Entertainment
- Watch the fireworks from one of the best spots in the bay
- Smart dress is recommended
- Cost per person starts at $248 (plus taxes and fees)
3. 5th Annual Speakeasy New Year's Eve Cruise 2017
- Hop aboard the Fume Blanc Commodore for NYE 2017
- Transport yourself back to the 20s with black jack tables and dealers
- Enjoy live entertainment from DJs spinning Top 40 music
- Sip on cocktails from the open bar for four hours
- See the lights of SF's top attractions including Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Leaves from Pier 40
- Check in begins at 7:30pm, boarding is at 8:30pm, departing at 9pm
- The boat returns to shore at 1am
- Upscale event and cocktail attire required for entrance
4. Russian New Year's Eve Cruise
- Cruise the bay on the San Francisco Belle
- Large enough for 350 guests with 3 decks
- All decks include dance floors, fully-stocked bars, and views to see SF & the fireworks
- Hosted bars for 4 hours with top shelf cocktails, beers, wine, and other drinks
- Buffet dinner includes items such as prime rib, chicken breasts, salmon, and butternut squash with mashed potatoes, veggies, and plenty of desserts
- Upscale event requires business casual to upscale casual dress
- Leaves at 9pm and returns at 1am
- Pick up at Pier 3
5. SF Spirit NYE Moonlight NYE Party
- 4th Annual Moonlight Cruise on NYE with the San Francisco Spirit
- Room for 550 guests with three decks that include full dance floors, fully stocked bars, and a great sundeck to check out the views of SF
- Open bar, live DJs, and appetizers
- 21+ event with great views of the fireworks
- Boarding at 9:00pm, departs at 9:30pm, returns at 1:00am
6. Family Friendly Fireworks Cruise
- Enjoy New Year's Eve 2016 on the SF Bay
- 3-hour cruise offers entertainment, dancing and one of the best views of the fireworks at mid-night
- The cruise features a hosted bar for adults with a DJ playing all night long
- Kids entertainment includes a face painter, fortune teller, and a magician
- This cruise runs from 9:30pm to 12:30am
7. New Year's Rock the Yacht
- Party Cruise aboard the Chardonnay Commodore
- Features two spacious decks and plenty of room to watch the fireworks at midnight
- 4 hours of open bar and a champagne toast at midnight
- Taste of delicious desserts during the cruise
- Leaves from Pier 40 near AT&T Park (is not near Pier 39)
- Check in starts at 8pm, leaves at 9pm and returns around 1:15am
- Dress code is semi formal attire (required to board)
8. New Year's Eve Fireworks Gala Cruise
- Four-hour open bar with great views of the fireworks
- DJ entertainment all night long
- Spacious 2-story yacht, the Pinot Noir
- Cocktail attire required for this event
- Check in starts at 7:30pm, leaves at 8:30pm, and returns at 12:30am
9. NYE Fireworks Cruise on The Derek M. Baylis
- New Years SF Fireworks celebration cruise, party on a 65ft yacht without getting all dressed up
- 4 hour cruise leaves from Marina Bay, Richmond at 7pm or at Pier 40, San Francisco at 9pm
- The San Francisco fireworks will launch from barges located 1,000 feet out in the bay, and we will get as close as possible for front row seats
- Cruise the holiday lights of the famous SF Historic Waterfront landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, Angel and Treasure Island and the new Bay Bridge.
- Free champagne at midnight, free water, free sodas, and your first 2 drinks free with plenty of help-your-self snacks and good music
- For those who get cold easily, we have blankets and plenty of seats in the large cabin
- Price is $135.00 to $145 per person
Fun Things to Do During the Day
Do you love exploring on New Year's Eve Day? If so, you will find plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few of my top recommendations.
Cirque du Soleil: Head over to the parking lots behind AT&T Park for this year's Cirque du Soleil performance of LUZIA, it's a colorful journey through the wonderful country of Mexico, the afternoon show stars at 1:30pm (there is also a 5pm show)
>> Find tickets to these performances
The Lion King: On NYE Day at 2pm, you can also enjoy a performance of the popular Broadway musicial The Lion King at the Orpheum Theater.
>> See ticket availability to this show
Half Priced Tour Tickets: In addition to shows, you will find several tours running on NYE Day. These are just a few of the best that are being offered at up to 50% off the full retail price on Goldstar.
- SF Bay Cruise: 60-minute cruise runs several times during the day, Full price $30, Goldstar $15*
- Chinatown Food Walking Tour: 10am tour offers you the chance to taste some of Chinatown's best dishes, Full price $60, Goldstar $39*
- North Beach Food Crawl: 11am tour of the best Italian dishes and sweet treats in the district, Full price $60, Goldstar price $30*
*Small service fee at checkout.
Whether you are staying for a few days or are just in town for the night, I highly recommend checking out the great hotel deals on TripAdvisor.com. They offer dozens of options throughout the city. The best way to grab the top deals is to book your room early! Check out the current special offers on TripAdvisor.com here.
Are you looking for a few recommendations? If so, then check out my Union Square Hotels and my Fisherman's Wharf Hotels pages for the best options for every budget.
Other 21+ Parties
If you prefer to stay on land, you also have several amazing options. Most of the 21 and older parties feature several dance floors, a variety of music, open bars (for at least part of the night), and a chance to meet some new friends.
Learn More: 21+ Parties on NYE 2016
SF NYE Fireworks Display
The biggest event on NYE 2016 is the fireworks display along the SF Bay. This year's display starts at 11:59pm and lasts for about half an hour. You will find it (and thousands of other fireworks lovers) just to the south of the Ferry Building along the Embarcadero.
Learn More: Tips to Attend the 2016 NYE Fireworks Display
All 2016 NYE Activities in SF
In addition to all the parties, you will find some other fun things to do in SF this night. You will find theater performances, live music, and several other fun things to do. You can also find out details on the extended hours for all public transit options in and out of SF.
Learn More: All NYE Activities for 2016
Other Fun Things to Do in SF
Back to the Top