Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco 2017
My Top Picks for Traditional & Non-Traditional Meals
Dozens of local restaurants are open for Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco. You will find that most serve a traditional meal with turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and all of the fixings. Many of these offer their meals at a prix-fixe price, so you know exactly what you get and what it will cost.
In addition, you will find a few still offer meals off their menu or a non-traditional meal. My top picks below include a variety of options, so you can be sure to find the right fit for your family's holiday meal. You will also find a few recommendations for other fun things to do on this holiday in SF.
Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco
If you are looking for a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco, then this is the list of you. I've included my top picks for this holiday meal. You will find pricing and an idea on what to expect for your dinner.
I've also included details on those that might allow you to order off the menu. This is perfect for those that many not want a traditional meal.
Make sure you book early as many of these places fill up quickly.
The restaurants are still working out their holiday plans. These are all from 2016 and I'll update them as soon as they start announcing their 2017 meals.
- 1300 on Fillmore: Prix-fixe Thanksgiving dinner with three times, 2pm, 4:30pm and 7pm, Western Addition at 1300 Fillmore Street
- 3rd Cousin: Offering organic free range Diestel turkey with all of the trimmings, Bernal Heights at 919 Courtland Avenue
- ANZU: Turkey with all the trimmings plus raw bar, sushi, prime rib, salmon, pies, cakes, and so much more, $70 for adults, $57 for seniors, $37 for children (5 to 12), Downtown/Union Square at 222 Mason Street
- Big 4 Restaurant: 3-course tasting menu for $100 per person, seating available from 2pm to 8pm, wine pairing with the meal is an additional $50 per person, also offering a la carte and lounge dining, Nob Hill at 1075 California Street
- Buca di Beppo: American meal with an Italian flare including turkey, gravy, spicy Italian sausage stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, and more, SOMA at 855 Howard Street
- Burritt Room & Tavern: 3-course family-style Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco, includes both traditional and non-traditional items, Downtown/Union Square at 417 Stockton Street
- Campton Place: Multiple choice 5-course meal, $158 per person, Downtown/Union Square at 340 Stockton Street
- Crown Room at the Fairmont in Nob Hill: Brunch buffet with seatings at 10am, 12:30pm and 3pm, lavish buffet with amazing views of the SF and Bay Area, Jazz performance throughout your meal, $149 for adults and $89 for children.
- Garibaldi's on Presidio: 3-course fixed menu, traditional roasted turkey with all the trimmings, $75 per person (alcohol is extra), Presidio Heights at 347 Presidio Avenue
- L'Olivier: 4-course fixed meal, $46.50 per person, open from 3pm to 9:30pm, Downtown/Embarcadero at 465 Davis Court
- Laurel Court in the Fairmont on Nob Hill: Brunch buffet from 10am to 2pm, $79 for adults and $49 for children; Dinner buffet with California inspired dishes, 4pm to 8pm, $109 for adults and $69 for kids, call the at 415-772-5144 to secure a reservation
- Michael Mina: 4-course meal, $155 per person, Downtown/Embarcadero at 252 California Street
- One Market Restaurant: 4-course traditional fare Thanksgiving Day meal from 1 - 8pm, $78 per person, $35 for kids 10 and under, Downtown/Embarcadero at 1 Market Street
- Parallel 37 at the Ritz Carlton: 4-course meal with traditional and non-traditional selections including Turkey, Maine Lobster, Shellfish Reduction, Pumpkin Ravioli and many other dishes, Seating from 11am to 8pm, $145 for adults, $95 per kid with a menu option for kids too, Nob Hill at 600 Stockton Street, contact them directly to book a table (415-773-6168)
- Wayfare Tavern: 3-course with options, $85 per person, will also offer their a la carte menu, Financial District/Downtown at 558 Sacramento Street
*Note: All prices exclude taxes and gratuity
I always recommend booking early. I know I've already said this before, but I want to make sure you get that perfect spot for your Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco.
Many of the options above can be booked through OpenTable.com. You can also contact the restaurants directly to reserve your spot.
Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise
Head out on the SF Bay this Thanksgiving Day with Hornblower Cruises. They currently are offering three cruises with Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco.
You can step aboard their premier, seated dinner, or buffet dinner cruises. All three leave from Pier 3 and are three hours long. Two leave at 3pm and the third leaves at 3:30pm.
>> Details about all three here
Half-Priced Thanksgiving Day Activities
There is a lot going on this holiday in SF. Once you have booked your Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco, make sure to check out these great deals too!
All tours and activities below are offered at up to 50% off on Goldstar. Make sure to book your tickets early to take advantage of these great deals.
- 60-Minute Bay Cruise: Cruises around the bay, leaves from Fisherman's Wharf, several cruises a day, Full price $31, Goldstar price $15.50*
- Cable Car Hop On/Hop Off Tour: Ride around SF on a cable car on wheels, hop on and off at up to 15 stops around town, Full price $30-$45, Goldstar $20-$30*
- Sunset Cruise: 2-hour sunset cruise around the SF Bay, step aboard the Privateer, each ticket includes two drinks, offers spectacular views of the city of San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and more, Full price $60, Goldstar $45*
*Small service fee at checkout.
Additional Fun Things to Do on Thanksgiving Day Weekend
Combine your plans for Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco with one of these fun events. This year, you will find plenty of things to do from performances of the Disney's Aladdin to performances by the SF Opera.
>> Click here to visit the Thanksgiving Day and Weekend page with a full list of things to do this holiday
Holiday Attraction Schedule
Before or after your Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco, make sure to visit some of our top attractions. Several are open on this holiday, but with slightly different schedules. Click the links below for a list of places open and the hours they plan to be open that day.
>> Holiday attraction schedule for Thanksgiving Day
Tree Lighting Ceremonies
While your Thanksgiving dinner in San Francisco might be a highlight of your stay, you might also enjoy some of the tree lighting ceremonies this weekend. The link below includes details on all of the tree lighting celebrations this year including those for Union Square, Pier 39, and more.
>> Tree lighting ceremonies in SF
SF Theater: Musicals, Plays, and Best of Broadway Shows
All weekend long, you will find plenty of theater shows. They include top musicals such as Disney's Aladdin and A Christmas Carol. Top plays this weekend include A Christmas Story, Small Mouth Sounds, and Le Switch.
>> Click here for a full list of theater performances this weekend
>> Find a list of all musicals this weekend
More Fun Tours and Attractions to Visit
Back to the Top