San Francisco Events - January 2013
Hottest Events in SF for January 2013
In January, it's rainy and cool in San Francisco. However, there are still many great things to do - inside - to keep you busy!
This month includes some great museum exhibits including Gifts from the Gods at the Legion of Honor and Rembrant's Century at the de Young Museum. Theater performances include Disney's the Lion King and the opening of both Anything Goes and the award winning Wicked.
At the end of the month, I recommend heading over to Fort Mason for one of the best Zinfandel Festivals in the world.
Save on Popular Tours & Activities in January 2013
- San Francisco Bay Cruise Adventure
- 90 minute cruise on the SF Bay
- Fully narrated tour with both indoor and outdoor seating
- Cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Ride by other top attractions including Alcatraz, Angel Island, Sausalito and the SF Waterfront
- The Magic Bus: A Trip Back in Time with the Antenna Theater
- Total immersion multi-media performance that is part tour, part theatrical
- Discover the history of San Francisco in the 60s
- Cruise through the most important neighborhoods of that decade - Chinatown, North Beach, the Haight and Golden Gate Park
- Tour the Cutting-Edge Cuisine of the 18th Street in the Mission
- Sample a variety of foods on this walking tour in the Mission
- Try bakes bread and delicious pastries at Tartine Bakery
- Sample yummy tacos from Tacolicious
- As you hit the food hotspots here, you will talk to the chefs, store owners and employees for an insiders take on the mouth-watering food from this neighborhood
New Year's Day 2013
Are you planning on ringing in the New Year in San Francisco? If so, here you will find some fun activities for the following day (only if you don't have too much fun the night before!). They range from visiting attractions to recommendations on where to catch some great college football action.
Learn More: New Years Day in SF
ZAP Wine Festival: January 31 - February 2
Every year, Zinfandel Advocates and Producers (ZAP) hosts a large three day Zinfandel only wine festival. The festival includes educational sessions and a large general tasting session on Saturday afternoon. It's a great way to learn more about Zinfandel wines and the wineries that produce them.
Learn More: Zinfandel Wine Festival
San Francisco Theater: January 2013
The month of January has an amazing schedule of Broadway performances. Here are three big shows running this month.
Find a complete schedule and where you can grab tickets for theater events in January 2013.
SF Symphony & Ballet for January 2013
Here is a schedule of events for both the SF Symphony and SF Ballet in January 2013.
- January 10 - 13: MTT and Renee Fleming
- January 16: Renee Fleming and Susan Graham
- January 17 - 19: MTT conducts music from Peer Gynt
- January 23 - 26: Barantschik plays Concertos and Serenades
- January 26: Music for Families with the San Francisco Symphony
- January 27: Organ Recital with Chelsea Chen
- January 30 - February 1: Dutoit conducts Elgar's Enigma Variations
Learn more about the SF Symphony.
- January 29 - February 3: Suite en Blanc (In the Night) - World Premiere by Wayne McGregor
Here are some of the top traveling exhibits at SF museums this month:
- Museum of Modern Art
- Jasper Johns: Seeing with the Mind's Eye - All month long
- South Africa in Apartheid and After: Photographs by David Goldblatt, Ernest Cole and Billy Monk - All month long
- Rafael Lozano-Hemmer: Frequency and Volume - All month long
- de Young Museum of Fine Art
- Rudolf Nureyev: A Life in Dance - All month long
- Rembrandt's Century - Opens January 16
- Legion of Honor
- Gifts from the Gods: Art and the Olympic Ideal - Ends January 27
- Royal Treasures from the Louvre: Louis XIV to Marie-Antoinette - All month long
- Conservatory of Flowers
- Boomtown: Barbary Coast at the Conservatory of Flowers - All month long
Live Music Calendar
These are just some of the top shows scheduled this month:
- January 11: Keane with Youngblood Hawke at 8:30pm at the Warfield
- January 17: Trampled By Turtles at 8pm at the Fillmore
- January 23: Gojira at 8pm at the Fillmore
- January 24: The Walkmen and Father John Misty at 8pm at the Fillmore
- January 27: Pentatonix at 8pm at the Warfield
- January 31: Ben Folds Five at 8pm at the Warfield
Discover even more live shows in San Francisco this month.
- January 13: Ballpark 5K
- January 13: Bay Area Cross Challenge
- 8K run, 6K run, 5K run, kids run
- January 20: Waterfront 10M and 5K run
- January 27: Rainbow Falls 5K
Other Fun Things to Do in January 2013
Back to the Top